Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unselfish Service!

Jesus Christ said, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13). This doesn't mean we have to die to show our love for our friends. We lay down our lives every time we put someone else's needs before our own. (And the “friends” mentioned in the scripture above can be understood to be everyone we meet, since Jesus also commanded us to “love one another.”)

Service doesn't always have to be physical labor. Just simple acts of kindness can go a long way. Whether its just saying hello to someone or helping and elderly lady at the store. Small acts of kindness can be an answer to someone's prayer and help that person out a lot. As a missionary I always look for ways that I can serve people. I find that when I do service that I am very happy. As a young man I remember doing service activties in my ward. And I can remember how good I felt after we did service for someone. I would just like to end with a very popular scripture, It is Mosiah 2:17 "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment