Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Humility!!!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhK_-sA_pHubLxPo900O3NZW3zdHoijtMTEOuldh4h-d4CoZ0Z87FFGvyaU0tudfBwhaWm9KTJhRHx1TFXEB0p3poJSdr6gWRmwPF6z0g6a68YDOEou-DwetxBy0O4MQRU-tMOCaddvOHE/s400/Jesus+Praying+in+Gethsemane.jpg         The Christlike Attribute this week is Humility!! Humility is willingness to submit to the will of
the Lord and to give the Lord the honor for what is accomplished. A Scripture I love about this is when Jesus is in the Garden Atoning for our sins. (Mathew 26:39) The opposite of humility is pride. To be prideful means to put greater trust in oneself than in God or in His servants. It also means to put the things of the world above the things of God. Prideful people take honor to themselves rather than giving God the glory.
        As a missionary there has been times that I have been Humbled. This is a hard job and it really requires the Lord's help. As a 20 year old man doing missionary work it is really tough. I know why the Lord calls such young men to do his work. It is because we are so inexperienced, and we have to rely on the Lord and the Holy Ghost to lead us and help us. (D&C 12:8) There have been times where I forget to recognize the Holy Ghost and I think that it was because of something I thought of or something I said to help the person out. Which yes I was the one who said it but it's not me doing the thinking there. It was the Holy Ghost giving me thoughts, and the Holy Ghost telling me what to say. I love these scriptures that talk about the Holy Ghost. (D&C 100:5-8).
         I Know that those Scriptures are true. I know that as we Humble ourselves before the Lord that he will bless us with the Spirit and with the Spirit we can do all things. I Know that this church is true and I love being a missionary. There is no better calling or job in the world than being a missionary! I will end with my favorite scripture on Humility. (D&C 112:8)

1 comment:

  1. Humility is so key to everything in this life. The more we humble ourselves, the easier it is for us to know what to change to become more like Christ.
    What has helped you to push off the common tendency to be prideful?

    ReplyDelete