Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Faith!!!

Faith is an amazing thing. When I think of Faith my first thought takes me to Alma 32. It compares Faith to a seed. And how we need to plant our seed and nourish it and take care of it and then it can grow. Almost everything we do in life we take a step of Faith. Some people don't think they have Faith but really they do. The Definition of Faith that I like to use is found in Alma 32:21 "And now as I said concerning faith, faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." What a great Scripture. Also when I think of Faith of the Primary song called Faith. http://lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=96&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=96&searchsubseqend=ZZZ I post a link to that song if you would like to check it out.

There is a lot on Faith in the Bible Dictionary. These are just a few points that I was able to pull from that. First, Faith must be centered in Jesus Christ in order to produce salvation. Second, To have Faith is to have confidence in something or someone. Third, Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of those who have faith. Fourth, Faith is a principle of Action. Fifth, Where there is true faith there are miricles, visions, dreams, healings, and all other gifts of God that he gives to saints. Sixth, All true Faith must be based upon correct knowledge or it cannot produce the disired results.

I think the point that stood out to me most was the fifth one.  Where there is true faith there are miricles, visions, dreams, healings, and all other gifts of God that he gives to saints. I know that is true. A very common phrase in the church is if we had the Faith of a mustard seed, we could move a mountain. (mathew 17:20) That is amazing. If we could all have that much Faith, Imagine the things we could do. The Following picture is to show how small a mustard seed is.

Faith is something we can all have more of. Let us all try our hardest to gain the Faith of a mustard seed. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. I know that it is The Lord's kingdom once again on earth, and that Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration. I love this Church and I love being a missionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment