Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good Things to Come!

In this wonderful Video Elder Jeffrey R. Holland recalls his days as a poor young father with a broken-down family car and testifies that for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, there are better days and good things to come. Sometimes in life we go through trails and hardships. Just like the people of Alma who were in bondage. And they were going through a very hard time. I love what Alma told his people. He said in Mosiah 23:21-22 "Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith. Nevertheless, whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people." So as we see in these 2 verses that the Lord with give us trails to test our patience. We learn from Doctrine and Covenants 122:7 that the Lord will give us trails but "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." So everything that the Lord gives us is not going to be easy. But it will give us experience. When we go through trails and we are able to over come then, we learn a lot. I know in my life that when i go through trails it is hard but when I make it through I am a much better person and its for my good. So when we are going through a hard time there is one thing we can always do. And that is turn to our Father in Heaven. We can always pray and ask for strength in everything we do. One of my favorite Quotes which hangs on my fridge at home is "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." So this life isn't going to be easy but we need to remember there is always going to be good things to come. I know that this Gosple can bring happiness to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment