Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finding Happiness!!!

This topic is something that has been on my mind lately. It seems like we live in a world today where there is a lot of sadness, heartache, and disappointment. There is a great scripture in the Book of Mormon that I love. It is 2 Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they might have joy." The word that stands out to me in this verse is Joy. Notice Adam fell so we could have joy, Not sadness and sorrow! So how do we do we get this Joy that this verse talks about? There is a talk I would like to quote from and it is titled "Finding Joy In Life." It was a talk given by Elder Richard G. Scott in April 1996. First off I recommend reading this full talk. It is amazing. Elder Scott always gives good talks. This is what Elder Scott says how we find joy

"Your joy in life depends upon your trust in Heavenly Father and His holy Son, your conviction that their plan of happiness truly can bring you joy. Pondering their doctrine will let you enjoy the beauties of this earth and enrich your relationships with others. It will lead you to the comforting, strengthening experiences that flow from prayer to Father in Heaven and the answers He gives in return."  

From this quote we learn that our Joy will come from putting our trust in Heavenly Father and His Son. I testify that is true. That the Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought so much joy to my life. It has made the hard times easier and it has made me truly happy. The reason I am a missionary is because I want to bring the Joy that I have felt to other people, and that Joy comes from the Gospel.

This Video is about Finding Happiness. It includes parts of a Talk from April 2009 by Elder Scott.


No comments:

Post a Comment